Manufacturing for a Sustainable Tomorrow: Innovative Solutions for Environmental Challenges
Sustainability is a buzzword that seems to be on everyone’s mind, but what does it mean in the context of the manufacturing industry? Essentially, sustainability means producing goods in a way that minimizes negative impacts on the environment and society. This includes everything from reducing waste and emissions to sourcing raw materials responsibly.
There are several reasons why sustainability is important in manufacturing. First, production companies are a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions. According to the International Energy Agency, the manufacturing sector accounted for nearly a third of global carbon dioxide emissions in 2019. This makes it a critical sector to target in efforts to reduce emissions and combat climate change. Second, consumers are increasingly demanding sustainable products. According to a survey by Nielsen, 73% of global consumers say they're willing to change their consumption habits to reduce their environmental impact. This means that companies that don't prioritize sustainability risk losing customers and market share.
Finally, sustainability is simply the right thing to do. We all share a responsibility to protect the planet and ensure a livable future for generations to come.
What does sustainability look like in practice? Here are a few examples:
- Using renewable energy sources like wind and solar to power factories
- Investing in energy-efficient equipment and processes
- Implementing waste reduction and recycling programs
- Sourcing materials from sustainable sources
- Reducing water usage
- Prioritizing the health and safety of workers
As we all know, sustainability is becoming an increasingly important consideration for the manufacturing industry, and for good reason. The impact of manufacturing on the environment is significant, with a recent report by the United Nations estimating that the industry accounts for around 38% of global CO2 emissions. This highlights the urgent need for manufacturers to take action to reduce their environmental footprint.
At Uteco, we understand the importance of sustainability, and we are committed to implementing environmentally responsible practices in our operations. We have implemented a number of initiatives to reduce waste, water usage, and energy consumption, and to increase the use of renewable energy sources.
With all of this in mind we designed one of our newest products, Active Pack, a great example of our commitment to sustainability. This innovative solution brings together three cutting-edge technologies that revolutionize the way you print: Active Start, Active Ink, and Active Dry®.
- with Active Dry®, you can save up to 50% of yearly energy consumption while drying your printed substrates, thanks to the smart drying system.
- with Active Ink, reduce your yearly energy consumption by up to 60%, your yearly solvent consumption by up to 40%, and double the useful life of inking pumps thanks to the ink pumping automation system.
- with Active Start, save up to 80% of yearly material waste and increase your production time up to +240 hours, thanks to the automated printing pressure and register system.
Active Pack allows you to increase your productivity, efficiency, and profitability while reducing your environmental footprint. Plus, you can repay the cost of the machine during its lifespan!
Join the sustainable printing revolution and get in touch with us to learn more about how Active Pack can revolutionize the way you print: https://www.uteco.com/en/our-products/flexographic-presses/onyx-go